I, Daniel Blake: blog tasks

 I, Daniel Blake: blog tasks


1) What is independent cinema and how is it different to Hollywood blockbusters? Independant cinema is a low budget cinema which has less resources compared to block busters which have higher budget and actors.

2) What is I, Daniel Blake about? I, Daniel Blake follows a middle-aged, blue-collar carpenter struggling to navigate the bureaucracy of the British benefits system who has a serious injury leaving him to battle for his rights.

3) Who directed I, Daniel Blake and why is this important?  I, Daniel Blake is directed by Ken Loach because he does social realist films.

4) How was I, Daniel Blake promoted to an audience? List at least three different methods used by the film's marketing campaign and how they targeted their audienceI, Daniel Blake was preceded by the 'festival run' as the director and producers aimed to maximise the exposure of the film and gain attention through word of mouth and more like bilboards in the nothern region where poverty is high.

5) What unusual or creative marketing methods were used to get audiences talking about the film? Word of mouth,festival run and bilboards.

6) What was the estimated production budget for I, Daniel Blake and how much did it make at the box office? The estimated production budget for the film was approximately 2 million USD.

7) How can independent films like I, Daniel Blake compete with Hollywood blockbusters like Doctor Strange? Independant films like I,DB can compete with films like Docter Strange because it shows realism and shows real life problems in the Uk.


8) In your opinion, was I, Daniel Blake a success? Yes being a less budgeted film compared to others I,DB made 8x its production budget and turning out as a success.


Grade 8/9 extension tasks

Read this Media Magazine article on the disruptive marketing campaign used to publicise I, Daniel Blake. Media Magazine is an excellent publication aimed at A Level Media students and it's a great resource for GCSE students aiming for the top grades.

Read this marketing case study on I, Daniel Blake. What does 'making a film launch a political movement' mean? Asking people to stand up for their rights.

Read this Hollywood Reporter interview with executive Alex Hamilton on film marketing - including the I, Daniel Blake grassroots marketing campaign. Why was it successful? It was succesful because it showed realism which people could relate to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazines blog assessment

Advertising and Magazines assessment learner response

Tatler Language